2019 is upon us! That said, if there was just 1 step to follow in order to crush your goals, it would be to TRACK them.
For the longest time, I never had set goals for myself. Sure, I had a general idea of what I needed to do in life, but I didn’t really think about the future or what I wanted.
This was basically my plan, and I did a pretty good job of checking things off the list:
- Graduate from high school: check.
- Graduate from college and get a degree: check.
- Land a “good” job with an “above average” starting salary: check.
Check out the video
That was basically it. I just showed up to work every day, did a few things here and there, and came home. I made dinner, went to the gym, then I would repeat.
THAT WAS GOING TO BE MY LIFE FOREVER. 3 and a half years in, I began to realize that I hated coming in to work. I would wake up and literally not want to get out of bed.
I was not motivated or excited to go to pointless meetings and talk to people about their stupid custom report they made in Excel.
For those who follow my story, I quit that job shortly after and began to pursue a life on my own terms, doing things that interest me.
While it has not been easy, the journey has been so worth it. I’m not where I want to be but I’m figuring out how to get there and getting in the same room as people who are in places I want to be.
So that’s where I’m at now… I’ve got huge goals that I have set for myself. I have taken the time to define 5 year goals, my 2019 goals, and even my monthly goals. I have a few free tracking files you can access here if you want to see if they work for you.
My 5 year goals (target completion date: November 8, 2023)
- $10,000,000 net worth
- $1,000,000 annual income
- 500,000 units of my invention sold
- 100,000 podcast downloads / month
- $10,000 passive income / month
- 500 skydives completed
- 200 tunnel hours completed
- 50 unit apartment complex
- 10 rental homes
- 5 published / self-published books
- 4 domestic trips / year
- 4 house flips / year
- 2 international trips / year
I have “micro” goals as well that get more granular for 2019, but ultimately those “5 year goals” are the huge ones that will help in several areas.
For example, building passive income to $10K / month will make potentially expensive hobbies like skydiving and traveling a lot no big deal.
Here are a few of my 2019 goals, which I’m tracking with those files I mentioned earlier (I have goals I want to hit on average per month):
- Complete a morning routine (goal: 20 times / month)
- Exercise (goal: 20 times / month)
- Reading (goal: 10,000 pages / year)
- Real estate deals (goal: 4 deals / month)
- Charity of time or money (goal: 20 times / month)
- Dinner dates with my girlfriend (goal: 2 times / month)
- Grow my podcast (goal: 3000 new subscribers / month)
- Units of my product sold (goal: 2000 units / month)
- Travel (goal: 4 domestic trips / year and 2 international trips / year)
Notice how my 2019 goals align with my 5 year plan. I am doing things to move the needle on all fronts, plus some.
I have a few extra goals that are not listed above, but these are some of the main ones I wanted to share.
What are your goals? Really take time to define them. After all, without a road map, how will you know where to go?
Listen to the podcast
CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE
SUBSCRIBE TO ME ON YOUTUBE
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM